Thursday, September 17, 2009

Introducing Sadie Constance


Here she is!!!!!
Sadie Constance
9/15/09 8:28 am
8 lb, 10 oz, 21 in



Proud papa

She is already so expressive, she rolls her eyes and scrunches her nose at us too!





Miller did fairly well, but he still isn't sure about her. I think he'll be fine once he gets used to her. He was very interested and smelled her a lot, but didn't like it when she moved or made noise.


This is the second outfit she was in since we got home... while changing her first diaper at home, she peed all over her first outfit. I guess she wanted to make her first diaper change memorable!


We saw the doctor at about 2:00 on Monday. Nothing exciting happening yet, but 4 days past due, so we made an appointment to come back at 6 am the next morning and get induced. That must have scared her, because I started having contractions almost immediately after I got home, and then shortly after my water broke. We were back at the hospital at 5:30 and my contractions were already 2-3 minutes apart. I was hopeful that would mean a quick labor, but my dilating wasn't cooperating. I ended up getting the epidural once I realized we would be at it for a while. 15 1/2 hours later, it was time to get this little one into the world, but she still wasn't ready. She was parked facing my left instead of face down. 2 more hours later, the doctor finally came in and helped her out with the vacuum, and then it was only a few minutes later and she was here! I am still amazed that only 3 days ago, she was inside me, and that big! I did not look like I was carrying an 8 1/2 pound baby. She must have been packed in there really tight!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! She is beautiful! Such nice skin and hair. I hope you are all doing well and getting some sleep! Can't wait to meet her!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 1 week birthday, Sadie! You are a beautiful baby and look a lot like your mom did when she was a baby. Only six more weeks until we can meet you. We can't wait to hold you!

    ReplyDelete