Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Timberrrrrrr!!!!

So I open the patio door last night to let Miller out to go potty, and I hear a crackling noise like firecrackers going off.  I'm wondering to myself "what the hell is that?" when all of a sudden there's a big crack, and a tree limb goes down in our backyard in front of my eyes!  Not really sure what caused it- I'm thinking it just cracked under it's own weight- but what's really ironic is that there were 2 dead trees in our backyard that we wanted to take down and it was the living one that falls.  Thankfully it just missed the fence between our yard and our neighbor behind us!
Conveniently Kevin already had a chain saw here that he borrowed from his dad, because still ironically, he was planning on trimming this tree tomorrow because of how low the branches were hanging.  I guess the tree just decided to help him out!  So he went at it this evening instead of waiting.  Our neighbor guy behind us is pretty cool, and he was helping Kevin out.  He hauled all the branches away to the dump for us... possibly because Kevin gave him 2 bottles of liquor earlier. :)  And he got a few good fire logs out of it too.
While he was at it, Kevin just whacked the smaller of the 2 dead trees too.  Now we just need the big one taken down professionally.  At least the one that fell didn't cause any damage!

No comments:

Post a Comment